"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I love a rainy day!

April Rain Song
~~by Langston Hughes
Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.

The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk.
The rain makes running pools in the gutter.
The rain plays a little sleep-song on our roof at night --

And I love the rain.


Here he is reading this poem.  
  
Rain creates one of nature’s best play things, the puddle.  

I have what I imagine is a fairly universal picture of my children dressed in rain boots and slickers (with the hoods up) and holding umbrellas running around in the small pond-sized puddle that would form at the bottom of the driveway during each rainstorm. What could be more fun?

So for those times, for this particular memory and for the ones to come.  An ode to rain:


Puddles left by rain
are my playground inviting
me to jump right in

No comments:

Post a Comment