"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, March 9, 2013

WRAD-i-cal Celebration

"I'm on the top of the world 
looking around at my students 
and the only explanation I can find 
is the books that were read by the people who came around 
their reading put us at the top of the world."

On the top if World Read Aloud Day, that is...
World Read Aloud Day was a stupendous, phenomenal, fabulous, exciting, amazing day. Here's a peak:
~1~

We connected with @victortweets students in Germany
and read I WANT MY HAT BACK!
~2~
We connected with @mgohagon from Connecticut
and read DUCK! RABBIT!
~3~
I heard students reading aloud during browsing and borrowing.
~4~
 
We connected with @mrschureads from Illinois
 and read Messing Around on the Monkey Bars
~5~

 We decorated the World Read Aloud Day image
 We read aloud jokes to one another
~6~
 We connected with @curtislibrary1 in Texas
and read Messing Around on the Monkey Bars
~7~
The Superintendent stopped by to read to 5th and 3rd graders
 He then read poems for two voices with the Principal
 They read from You Read to Me, I'll Read to You


~8~
We connected with @micgreen in Wisconsin
and read I WANT MY HAT BACK
~9~
 We connected with @peterhreynolds in Massachusetts
 Peter H. Reynolds read his book, THE DOT, to us!
~10~
We connected with @Loveofxena in Michigan
and shared poems.
~11~
 We read poems for two voices to each other.
~12~
 We connected with @amedyckman in New Jersey
 Amy Dyckman read her book, BOY + BOT to us!

~13~
 We connected with @libaura5 in Minnesota 
and @studiojjk in Massachusetts
 Jarrett Krosozcka read his book BUBBLE BATH PIRATES! to us!
...and drew us an illustration!

While Tweeting and updating statuses on Facebook Wednesday night, I finally raised my white flag, I had run out of superlatives to describe what was one of the "most awesomnessest" days.  

"I'm on top of the world..."
Yup. Still am, three days later.  
Now, only 361 more days until we get to do it all over again!


No comments:

Post a Comment