"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I know just the student(s) for this book...

We were on school vacation the week before last.

I had an incredible time.  I went swimming, biking, walking, and paddle-boarding; and, I played tennis and board games.

Oh wait, and I READ....  

Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo

One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Bluffton by Matt Phelan

A Dog Called Homeless by Sarah Lean

Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson

My Life as a Stunt Boy by Janet Tashjian

I could not wait to get back and put these books in the students' hands. The best part of reading books for my library is thinking of a student or a number of students in whose hand I want to place it. Let the reading journey begin!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Thank you so very much for being the kind of invested librarian who actively puts books into the hands and hearts of kids.

    You are a hero. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing such an achingly beautiful novel that is easy to put into students' hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week of reading you had! Such great books!

    ReplyDelete