"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I've looked at this from both sides now

...and I have an incredible appreciation for what I ask my students to do!

"What are you referring to?" You ask?

Why standing in front of a flip camera and sharing what you are thinking in a manner that is appropriate and conveys meaning.

Yesterday, I decided to tape a message to a colleague and her students, thanking them for a signed brand new book they had sent us.  I also wanted to thank them for inspiring us as readers.  
Let me just tell you, it was much harder than I thought. 

I will get up and speak in front of any crowd and have even taped myself teaching or had someone tape me, but this felt different.  The next time I pick up that flip, I'll appreciate what my students are going through (although seriously, they only ever need one take!).


And THAT'S a wrap!

4 comments:

  1. OH I am laughing so so much. Not AT you, mind you. With you. Really! How awesome of you to post your may takes, if only to let us all see how wonderful you look in every single one. :) And to let your students see that sometimes you gotta just keep trying 'til you get it right. xxoo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gisela, you are meant to laugh with me. I was taping in between classes and then watched at the end of the day. I was laughing about it so I thought I should share! And yes, I will show it to the students!

      xxoo

      Delete
  2. Too funny! Completely identify. But you're great even when you're goofing up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon!

      Funny that the message delivery became so much more difficult when I was thinking it was being taped.

      :)

      xxoo

      Delete