"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Monday, December 2, 2013

NerdLution Day 2

Success!
(with some minor adjustments)

I spent time with a friend.
I wrote for 20 minutes.
I read for 50 minutes.

BUT, that is not all! My daughter drew some images to go with my #NerdLutions!

(That's right, a Nerdlution, part Nerdy Book Club, part New Year's Resolution.)

Beginning today, for fifty (50) days, I will be shaving time out of each day to do the things that I value, but for which I don't always preserve time. I am not including here, spending time with family and exercising because, although I do not do those things well all the time, I feel I have a good handle on them.  My three #NerdLutions will focus on areas that are neglected during the school year.  


“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


1. Each day, I will be spending 50 minutes reading. 





“Dear Diary, Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightly. I tried not to think about him when I discussed the menu with Cook... I tried not to think about him in the garden where I thrice plucked the petals off a daisy to ascertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are a drab little flower. ” 
― Jane Austen, Emma

2. Each day, I will be spending 20 minutes writing.


“My idea of good company...is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.' 

'You are mistaken,' said he gently, 'that is not good company, that is the best.”
-- Jane Austen, Persuasion

3. Each day, I will make time for the good company of friends.


1 comment:

  1. She draws so beautifully! Congrats on your successful Nerdlution!

    ReplyDelete