"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, February 20, 2014

First Line Book Hooks and Stories, Oh My!

The fifth graders are enjoying their access to Storybird.

The First Line Book Hook assignment has passed, but apparently they are not finished with it. I was checking through the class (computers 1-30) for the stories that students had started to create last week (the week after the book hook assignment). I found quite a few new first line book hooks! I think they like the challenge of this format. 

Below, I am sharing a few of the book hooks and many of the stories. I think they exemplify one of the strengths of this tool, Storybird is giving my students the opportunity to play with language, to exercise their storytelling chops/techniques/skills, and to use their imaginations.





First Line Book Hooks:










Stories:





















No comments:

Post a Comment