"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, February 21, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Blogging Challenge

It's the World Read Aloud Day Blogging Challenge!

World Read Aloud Day is a day to raise our voices in support of global literacy initiatives and global literacy programs. 
Visit LitWorld to learn more about their good works.

Week 2: February 17 - 23
My daughter, Madeleine, and I answer the questions below.  


1. I think everyone in the world should read…

Me: 
I think everyone in the world should read Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo. There's a reason this book was awarded the Newbery. There are so many gifts wrapped up in this story and it makes for a great shared reading experience. 

Madeleine: 
I think everyone in the world should read Wonder by R.J. Palacio. A story about compassion that people of all ages should read. I am currently reading it with my fourth grade students and hoping they will choose kind.

2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…

Me: 
If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be my mother.

Madeleine: 
If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be my mother (awwww...thank you!)

3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…

Me: 
My favorite character to impersonate is the character in the book that I am reading! If I had to choose a type of character it would be a sassy and fun character.

Madeleine: 
My favorite character to impersonate is Mrs. Bennett from Pride and Prejudice because she is so ridiculous and I can really ham it up.

4. The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf  is…

...hard to determine! For the both of us! We are diverse readers and a quick glance at the book shelves in our house demonstrates this.

5. My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...

Me: 
My favorite part about reading aloud is watching a story take hold of a listener's heart and finding a space within it.
Me: 
My favorite part about being read to is how comforting it is.

Madeleine: 
My favorite part about reading aloud is being a part of a shared reading experience.
Madeleine: 
My favorite part about being read to is how comforting it is.

I hope you will find someone to read with on March 4th. Share the moment. Create a memory. Raise Your Voice in support of global literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment