"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Students WRADically Raising Their Voices

"It [reading] gives you a chance to transport yourself into a whole different world, that you can choose, yet the book might surprise you.You can just escape your worries and live in the book! Just by flipping a page you can be in a volcano, or you could be riding a bull! 
I've been exploring ways for students to express what reading means to them.  I created this Google Form for my 4th graders.

"Reading is important to me because I can travel anywhere anytime just by reading a book."

"Reading is important to me because when I'm having a bad day I can just read a book and escape from reality for a bit."

"Reading is important to me because it inspires me to write great poems and stories myself, and give me great ideas that combine a couple of books together."

"Because reading can take you to different worlds."

"Reading helps relax my brain"

"Reading can take you to other worlds and change your perspective."

"Reading is important to me because I can learn things from books and every book I read takes me on an amazing adventure!"

"Reading is important to me because it gives me a bigger vocabulary which is very helpful in the everyday life. Another way reading is important to me is that it helps me get a better sense of a good book and I'll know what books are good and are not."

"It gives you a chance to transport yourself into a whole different world, that you can choose, yet the book might surprise you.You can just escape your worries and live in the book! Just by flipping a page you can be in a volcano, or you could be riding a bull! 

"A book gives you a power more magical then you can imagine!because you can go to a whole new world by reading and it transports you to a whole world just by turning that one page and it can make you really wonder and it gives you a almost magical power to imagine anything and it can broaden your imagination to a hole new level." 

"It connects me with some of my friends!"

"It helps you learn and connect and share feelings about books."

"I think reading is a great way to spend your time, you can picture amazing images in your mind and sometimes you can connect to characters and if the characters do something, they can inspire you to do what they do in real life."

"It helps me lean more and see in a different direction every time i read a new book. It also helps my imagination grow."

"It helps me learn but its a fun way."

"Because it's interesting and fun."

"Take Action for Global Literacy, 
Celebrate the Power of Words, 
Change the World."

Share your stories.
Be the story.

Read Aloud on March 4th.
Join the Litworld Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment