"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Monday, April 21, 2014

"Can dolphins talk to wails?"

The first graders came to the library last week, they came to read and write, to gather information and share information, and to create new knowledge. 


The students used a combination of print and electronic resources: PebbleGo encyclopedia, nonfiction texts, and the Science Discovery encyclopedia. We brought in parents to assist with accessing information in the printed texts.
One of the things that made me happiest about this project is this:
The students wanted to know more, questions lead to learning which leads to more questions, this is where I would like to begin a project. This is what authentic inquiry is all about. After vacation, I hope to capture this energy around their subjects.


























I love having our space filled with active and engaged learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment