"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Word Movers

I recently received five iPads from my Library Department. I have been exploring Apps and thinking about ways to incorporate them into the learning experiences in the library.  I used my Poetry Month Centers as an opportunity to try them in a center. It worked fairly well.  I added the Word Mover App from ReadWriteThink and let the students follow their passions.

Here are a few of the poems from each of the iPads:







There are a few things I learned:

*The students took ownership over explaining to each other how to use the Word Mover App.

*The poetry varied in quality, showing me that I need to place more parameters on the content.

*The drag and drop options were more popular than creating a poem from scratch.

*I need to manage the time spent on the iPads to ensure more equity.


No comments:

Post a Comment