"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Summer Throwdown: Year 3: The Readers' Edition

For the third year in a row I participated in #SUMMERTHROWDOWN, a READ-a-thon that is all about promoting reading. It started as a teacher librarian and classroom teacher competition and has grown into a personal goal reading challenge. A few of us challenged fellow teacher librarians to read a specific number of books. 

I challenged my friend, colleague, LibraryPals blog partner, and conference roommate. I  wanted to be realistic and challenged myself and Laura to read 30 books in 31 days. Guess what? We did it, and then some!  

I read 43 books during the #SUMMERTHROWDOWN

Laura read 66 books during the #SUMMERTHROWDOWN

It doesn't really matter who read more books, I think we both won and, even better,  I think our students won. I read books that I cannot wait to begin sharing with my students. How can that not mean success?

Here are the books I read:












































1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous list of books, Jennifer. I just added a bunch to my new book order. You have great taste, my friend. Keep sharing your treasures!

    ReplyDelete