"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wherein the writers of letters receive letters

In June, about a week before the end of school, my third graders received cards from their library pals in Minnesota. These letters had been eagerly awaited by my students, who have been practicing the art of correspondence since participating in the Special Delivery publication day activity.

This was a fortuitous way to end the year. I was able to encourage the students to keep a journal of their reading experiences to share with the library pals when they return in September.

Some sights from the day the letters arrived:

I laid them on the tables.
The students came to the library in small groups to find their letter.


Each one was quickly opened, read, and shared.









I hope my students are collecting some wonderful memories to share when they return to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment