"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Andrea Davis Pinkney's Biographies Inspire Critical Thinking

My fourth and fifth graders have been reading these biographies and nonfiction books by Andrea Davis Pinkney. 

The students are reading in small groups. From there, the fifth graders are creating biography posters that share the personality traits and achievements of the subject of the book along with examples of author's craft.  The fourth graders are crafting six word memoirs and making posters with them. I can't wait to share the students' finished products!

What follows is a sneak peak of the student work thus far, followed by my exemplars as well as the templates for their work. 

Fourth Grade Six Word Memoirs

brainstorming








Fifth Grade Biography Posters





Here are the templates and my exemplar for Alvin Ailey:





Want to see more?


No comments:

Post a Comment