"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Pen Pal relationship is off and writing!


The Pen Pal relationship is off and writing! 

Earlier this year, my second grade students and I read DEAR DRAGON, written by Josh Funk and illustrated by Rodolfo Montalvo.
I read Dear Dragon as the first read aloud of the school year. The book provided a natural way for me to have the students share something about their summer. As pen pals do during their correspondence, the students could share something about a hobby, a tradition, an experience, or really any aspect of their summer. This allowed me to get a little insight into how they spent their summers. I chose one class to pilot a pen pal project. 



We found a fabulous pen pal class in Minnesota and are making friends from far away. Their skills as letter writers is also growing. This is going to be a great year! 












No comments:

Post a Comment