"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feeling #hearthappy on National School Librarian Day

National School Librarian Day was Tuesday. It was a day filled with hugs, smiles, messages, and surprising gifts - like this poster from a classroom teacher and her students. Wow. Just the gesture made me teary, but when I sat down to read the comments, I became #hearthappy.  

Here's a thing about school libraries and the teacher librarians that manage them: we connect with students in a unique way. We and our library spaces are often the safe spaces for at risk and non-traditional students. We and our library spaces are the place where many students find themselves and discover how they fit into the bigger puzzle. The messages below hold sentiments I will treasure. The message that really melted my heart? "Dear Mrs. Reed, I like library because I can be myself."  I hope every child feels this way.  Signing off with gratitude this evening. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment